Why Offer CNA Training?
Now is the perfect time to offer in-house CNA training. Recent studies have shown that around half of Americans are looking to change industries. If you’re having trouble finding qualified CNA candidates, this is a great opportunity to recruit workers who are looking to move into healthcare for the first time. Actively looking for CNA trainees can be important, but having a great reputation can also attract candidates.
There are many benefits to offering in-house CNA training. With your own training program, you’ll be able to control the curriculum. You can be absolutely certain that anyone you hire from the program is well prepared. Offering accessible CNA training can also boost your profile in the community, which can attract additional trainees and candidates.
If your training is free, then you can build a diverse workforce of employees who may otherwise face financial barriers.
Looking for CNA Trainees? Here’s Where to Start.
Build Your Employer Brand
Word of mouth is key when it comes to finding CNA trainees. People won’t refer their friends and acquaintances to an organization they don’t trust. A strong brand identity can make you more recognizable in your community. As you promote your organizational values, you’ll attract more CNA trainees.
There are many strategies for building your brand reputation. The most important thing is to be an empathetic and supportive employer. Take the time to audit your recruiting process so you can better understand how candidates and trainees perceive you.
Employee Satisfaction 101
Looking to improve your employee satisfaction? Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Offer flexible benefits so employees can choose the perks that best suit their needs.
- Be transparent about what you can and can’t offer. Communicate clearly about any updates.
- Improve onboarding. Onboarding can set the tone for the rest of a new hire’s time with your organization.
- Build community by connecting employees over social media, hosting workshops and events, and organizing skillshares (even across facilities).
- Support your workers’ careers by offering additional training and tracking their long-term goals.
- Check out our 10 tips for improving company culture for little to no cost
Set Up a Referral Program
Employee referrals are a great way to bring people into your organization. In a job search, referrals are four times more likely to be hired. In fact, LinkedIn has stated that employee referrals can save a company over $7,500 per new hire. When you’re looking for CNA trainees, referrals can be a great place to start. Offer bonuses to employees who refer new hires or trainees to increase your staff’s loyalty and boost morale.
Partner With Existing Organizations
Partner with community colleges and vocational schools to spread the word about your in-house CNA training program. Additionally, consider partnering with programs that offer short-term certifications. For example, someone who gets CPR certified may also be interested in becoming a trained CNA. Look for opportunities to advertise your training program to people who take these classes.
When looking for CNA trainees, you can also distribute information about your in-house CNA training on job boards. Be clear about the fact that you’re sourcing candidates for training, not an immediately available position, so as to avoid confusion. A service like Apploi can help you distribute your postings effectively and to the appropriate channels.
- Keep your posting concise and clear. In a competitive market, candidates may easily be turned off by lengthy posts or applications. Be short and to the point.
- Distribute your job posts to boards that are relevant to your organization.
- Optimize your job ads for mobile. Allow candidates to apply to your jobs from anywhere.
- Use SEO to your advantage. Make use of key phrases that would be relevant to your ideal candidate. Use the job title and location in the title and body, and include common key phrases like “entry-level,” “part-time,” and “full-time.”
Better Hiring With Apploi
Apploi can help you easily attract trainees for your in-house CNA training. Interested in learning more about how you can recruit, hire, and onboard healthcare staff quickly? Contact us today for a free demo of our software solution.