What Hiring Tools Should Healthcare Businesses Use?
Hiring Healthcare Workers? Don’t Stop at the Job Board
Picking the right tools is the first step to successful healthcare recruiting. For many hiring managers, this process begins and ends with manually posting job openings on job boards. And while job boards are often a top channel for healthcare hires, managing your recruiting pipeline with a few additional hiring tools can make your entire process faster, more successful, and less stressful for your team.
Create effective job posts to attract more candidates with our free templates for RN, CNA, and LPN job descriptions
What Is a Job Board?
Job boards are websites used by employers to advertise their jobs. They’re a convenient place to post job descriptions and invite applications. Most job boards will help you keep track of your applications, and some offer messaging functionality so you can reach out to candidates directly.
It’s never fun to manually post the same jobs to different sites over and over again. Luckily, other tools, like applicant tracking systems and human capital management platforms, can often do the hard work of distributing jobs automatically, getting rid of everyone’s least favorite part of sourcing candidates.
Some popular examples of job boards include:
- Google for Jobs
- Simply Hired
- Hire a Nurse
Using Job Boards Alone Is Risky for High-Volume Hiring
Manual job posting can be chaotic, time-consuming, and difficult to monitor. With multiple recruiters, it can also be confusing. When you’re spending all your time managing the interfaces for different job boards, you lose out on quality time getting to know and assessing your candidates.
Some employers use job boards without an applicant tracking system (ATS) or human capital management (HCM) software. But for high-volume hiring, it’s best practice to use an external platform to keep your applicants organized and hiring streamlined.
That’s where additional hiring tools, like an ATS or an HCM platform, can help. These tools can distribute jobs automatically, then aggregate all your applications onto one platform for easy review.
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is software that tracks applications and applicant information. Users can complete many recruiting and hiring tasks through an ATS, such as posting ads on job boards, reviewing applications, and storing applicant information in a central portal.
Think of an ATS as a digital hiring assistant. Different ATS options may include different levels of automation, but ultimately, human users still make all the final hiring decisions. An ATS is there to keep things organized and moving along, so hiring managers can make decisions quickly, without sacrificing the quality and rigor of their search.
What is a Human Resources Management System?
Human resource management systems (HRMS) and human resources information systems (HRIS) are essentially two names for the same thing. Both are platforms that HR workers can use to record talent information and complete administrative tasks, such as managing payroll and benefits enrollment.
While an ATS manages applicants, an HRMS only manages employees who are already in the workforce. While it can come in handy during onboarding, an HRMS isn’t really hiring software.
FREE Social Media Job Post Generator
Copy & Paste the perfect job post with our free tool
What is Human Capital Management Software?
Human capital management (HCM) is an umbrella term for traditional HR duties (such as hiring and reporting) and additional talent management functions (such as career planning and employee recognition).
HCM software covers a wide range of tasks. While an ATS only manages recruitment, HCM software can tackle recruitment, onboarding, management, payroll, benefits, and more.
Since HCM software integrates recruiting and employee management, it can help you manage your entire talent pool on one platform and get insights about turnover, work readiness, and talent planning.
Features of Human Capital Management Software
Because HCM platforms are holistic, it can be hard to understand exactly what they do.
Here are some of the most important features you’re likely to encounter while using HCM software.
- Job board distribution. HCM platforms can automatically post your job ads to popular job boards. With one click, you can send your jobs to dozens of platforms. A healthcare-specific HCM like Apploi will distribute your posts to all the top job sites, plus job sites that are used exclusively by healthcare workers.
- 1-Click or Easy Apply. If you publish a job through an HCM platform, you may be able to set up quick apply. This setting makes it easier for candidates to send in their materials and encourages job seekers to apply.
DID YOU KNOW?
Over 70% of job seekers say they wouldn’t finish a job application if it took more than fifteen minutes.
- Hiring, Management, and Payroll Integration. Typically, an HCM platform will integrate with multiple other platforms to manage onboarding, scheduling, credentialing, and payroll from one place. Apploi, for instance, integrates with Viventium to offer healthcare-specific payroll management.
- Credential Management and License Verification. To ensure you’re screening only qualified candidates, you may be able to set up automatic license verification through your HCM. Apploi lets you re-verify credentials daily and alerts you when licenses are approaching expiration—saving you money on potential fines.
- Automated Workflows. Workflows are customizable action sequences that you can set up to reflect your hiring process. If your HCM platform supports automation, you’ll be able to make some of these steps progress automatically.
DID YOU KNOW?
Caregivers say that when they’re searching for a new job, the #1 thing they look for is a quick offer.
- Safe File Storage. At their core, HCM platforms are tools for managing talent digitally. Because of this, any worthwhile HCM will offer secure file storage. Compared to paper files, digitized paperwork takes up less space, prevents paper waste, is less susceptible to damage, and is easier to search compared to paper files.
- Interview Scheduling. Your HCM may integrate with your calendar to help you schedule interviews. Apploi also lets you automatically invite new applicants to an interview.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nearly half of workers in small to medium-sized businesses say they waste time every day going through paper files.
Human Capital Management Made for Your Industry
There are plenty of hiring tools on the market today, but they’re not all equipped to handle the unique needs of healthcare professionals.
Apploi is the leading human capital management platform for healthcare. We offer industry-specific recruiting tools, onboarding packets, background checks, workflow templates, credentialing, and customer support.
Want to learn more about how you can use healthcare-specific hiring tools to grow your business? Contact us today for a free demo of our full-service human capital management solution.